Garth Brooks To Headline Stagecoach 2018 garth-brooks-headline-stagecoach-2018-festival Email News Garth Brooks To Headline Stagecoach 2018 Festival Facebook The country music icon will make his first-ever festival appearance at the 2018 edition of Stagecoach Music FestivalBrian HaackGRAMMYs Aug 29, 2017 – 6:48 pm Two-time GRAMMY-winning country music legend Garth Brooks, despite breaking numerous sales records during his lengthy touring career, has never played a traditional music festival.That’s all going to change in 2018, according to sources via Billboard, the “Ropin’ In The Wind” singer will be headlining the 11th annual edition of AEG/Goldenvoice’s premiere Stagecoach country music festival.It’s big news for the millions of Brooks’ fans, and early, given that the festival is still roughly nine months out — Stagecoach traditionally held the week immediately following Coachella and performers are usually announced in early September — but with a snatch this big for Goldenvoice’s talent buyers, it seems the news was too good to wait. Who will join Brooks for the Stagecoach lineup will likely be revealed in the months to come.Miley Cyrus Joined By Sister Noah, Whole Family To Sing “Achy Breaky Heart” Twitter
Share – / 38 Below is a press conference with Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner and Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo discussing the Santa Fe shooting. The Latest on the Santa Fe high school shooting in Texas. ___The father of a 17-year-old student accused of fatally shooting 10 people at a Houston-area high school says the teenager doesn’t own any guns and that perhaps his son was being bullied.In a phone interview over the weekend with Greece’s Antenna TV, Antonios Pagourtzis said he wished he could have stopped the killing Friday at Santa Fe High School. His voice cracks as he describes how he told police to let him inside the school so his son could kill him instead.Dimitrios Pagourtzis is being held on capital murder charges.His father says he owns guns but that the boy doesn’t. He says he thinks someone might have hurt his son and that this could have prompted the attack. He says his son didn’t drink and never got into fights.___The latest school shooting is unlikely to lead to significant new gun restrictions in Texas.Gov. Greg Abbott begins hosting school-safety roundtable discussions Tuesday. There have been new calls to arm teachers and “harden” campuses against attacks in the wake of last week’s shooting at Santa Fe High School that left eight students and two teachers dead.But few expect the meetings to result in a major push for gun restrictions in a state that has more than 1.2 million licensed handgun owners who can openly carry their weapons in public.The discussions will start in Austin, and Abbott says they will include lawmakers, educators, students, parents, gun-rights advocates and shooting survivors. The first one features officials from districts that arm some teachers or contract with local police for security.Santa Fe ISD officials say while they are anxious to have students back in their schools, they realize there are students, staff, and families who need time for grieving and mourning.On Monday, officials announced students won’t return to classes until after Memorial Day on Tuesday, May 29th. All teachers and support staff will return tomorrow Wednesday, May 23rd. Officials say they are tightening security at campuses when students return. They also have mental health support available throughout the district for students, staff, and faculty, for as long as there is a need– including a toll-free crisis hotline. At a Monday press conference, Santa Fe ISD Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources Patti Hanssard said the community is grateful for the outpouring of support. “Our district leadership, campus, students, staff, parents have been eager to help our families recover, we will be forever indebted to these individuals who have stepped up to help,” Hanssard said. More resources and information can be found on the school’s website including where people can make donations. That’s SFISD.org.
Chambal Fertiliser is not showing much interest in the urea plant in Tripura, Chief Minister Manik Sarkar said on Thursday.“Chambal Fertiliser had agreed, but now it is not showing much interest,” Sarkar said during an interactive session with the MCC Chamber of Commerce and Industry.Chambal Fertilisers and Chemicals Ltd (CFCL) has informed that a non-binding Memorandum of Understanding has been signed with Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Government of Tripura to conceptualise and develop a gas-based fertiliser plant in Tripura. Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal lifeIn August, the pre-feasibility study was started and based on that a final call was supposed to be taken. Sarkar did not elaborate what went wrong with the project.The Department of Fertilisers was supposed to facilitate the setting up of the urea plant by taking up matters like allocation of gas and providing gas connectivity with the Petroleum Ministry.Speaking about the ONGC power plant, Sarkar said there were some issues with gas supply, but both units were expected to be stabilised.He said the state would become power surplus soon and would also export power to Bangladesh.“We will become power surplus soon,” he said. This may help to attract investment in the state, Sarkar said adding the militancy issue had been well tackled but, still 17-19 camps were operating from Bangladesh and the state was vigilant.
Kolkata: The Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC)’s Health department carried out anti-dengue drive in Ward 117 in New Alipore on Tuesday.Deputy Mayor Atin Ghosh and Tarak Singh, Member, Mayor-In-Council, Sewerage and Drainage, were present at the event. Senior officials of the KMC’s health, building, solid waste management departments were also present. KMC has identified 20 vulnerable wards where some people had fallen sick due to dengue in 2018. The KMC team is visiting the houses of those victims and is looking into their surroundings. The civic officials felt that this was the best way to control the spread of the vector-borne disease. Also Read – Bose & Gandhi: More similar than apart, says Sugata BoseTulika Pal (31 years) residing at Jyotish Roy Road had dengue in 2018. Aditya Prasad (18), a resident of the same area, suffered from dengue in 2018 as well. The civic officials visited their houses and spoke to them. The KMC team on Tuesday also visited the houses of 13 people who had dengue in 2018. Never in the history of the KMC, the drive with such seriousness had been carried out. Not only the civic officials are talking to those who have been affected by the disease but they are also examining the conditions in which they are living. The overhead tanks and underground reservoirs are being examined. In view of global warming, the civic authorities have started anti-dengue drives from January. In early February, awareness drives were carried out in all the 144 wards of the KMC. The dengue eradication drive will be done in three phases. The current phase will continue until July. The second phase will start in August and continue until October. In November and December, follow-up drives will be conducted.