Football Tour “PIKSI CUP” from 22 – 25 August on Jahorina

first_imgThe seventh International Football Tour ” Piksi Cup Jahorina” will be held from 22nd to 25th August in Jahorina.The tournament will be attended by 184 teams with about 1.000 young  football players from Macedonia, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Romania.(Source: Fena)last_img

Domino’s Pizza Grand Opening Benefits Hands On Children’s Museum

first_imgFacebook40Tweet0Pin0 Submitted by Domino’s PizzaDomino’s Pizza is holding the Grand Opening for its first and only Olympia restaurant this Saturday, April 20 from 10 a.m. to Close (10:00 p.m. for carry out and 1:00 a.m. for delivery) and is donating 100% of sales to the Hands On Children’s Museum.The donation will support the Museum’s Free-and-Reduced Admissions Program. Guests are invited to the ribbon cutting and for a tour of the new space.The Olympia Domino’s doesn’t look like many of the chain’s restaurants you have seen before. Domino’s is introducing its Pizza Theater store design, where kids and adults alike will have the opportunity to watch their pizza being made and interact with crew members. The new restaurant also features hardwood floors, booth seating, a chalk wall to entertain kids, and a new cold case with fresh-made salads, milk, cookies, cakes and other desserts.Join us to help support the Hands On Children’s Museum and for FREE pizza samples, prizes, pizza-making races, face painting and more!Domino’s Pizza3225 Harrison AvenueOlympia, WA 98502Phone: 360-357-2277last_img read more

Bangladeshi batsman detained at airport for overstaying in India

first_imgAdvertisement 0dNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs6xsWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E4t6( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 63pab1zWould you ever consider trying this?😱587vCan your students do this? 🌚2xv0kRoller skating! Powered by Firework Bangladesh cricketer Saif Hassan was detained at the Kolkata airport for staying in India on an expired visa on Tuesday. The batsman had to pay a penalty of Rs 21,600 in order to fly back home next evening. Hassan arrived with the Bangladesh team as a back-up opener for the Test series but missed the day-night Test at Eden Gardens due to a split webbing and stayed back with his team without a clue that his six-month visa had already expired.Advertisement “His (Hassan) visa expired two days ago and he realised it only at the airport. He could not board the booked flight. As per the new rules of overstay, he had to pay the fine,” Bangladesh’s Deputy High Commissioner Toufique Hassan said. “Thankfully the Indian High Commission processed his visa and gave him the exit clearance and he left for home yesterday.”Advertisement Following their loss on Sunday, the Bangladeshi players returned home on that evening while Saif and the rest of the team were scheduled to leave on Monday. But the young opener was held up at the NSCBI airport for overstaying and paid a hefty sum before leaving for his country. Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

Wrestling juggernaut Sushil Kumar withdraws from Tokyo 2020 trials citing hand injury

first_imgImage Courtesy: HindustanAdvertisement 7sicjtNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs693jxWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ec1( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 28nkWould you ever consider trying this?😱6rCan your students do this? 🌚45eRoller skating! Powered by Firework Wrestler Sushil Kumar, who is suffering a shoulder injury, has pulled out from the 74kg category trials for next month’s Asian Championships and the continental Olympic qualifiers in March. The trials are scheduled to be held in New Delhi on January 3rd, while the winners will compete in the year’s first ranking series in Rome from January 25-28.Advertisement Image Courtesy: Hindustan Times“I am not participating in trials as I am sustaining a minor fracture on my hand. I enjoy sports and only take part in any competition when I’m fully fit,” he said.One of India’s most decorated wrestler, Sushil Kumar, also submitted his medical certificate to the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) stating his unavailability for the trials.Advertisement “I have sent a medical certificate to the federation and they will look at it and discuss that in the coming days. I will abide by the decision of the federation,” he added.However, a spokesperson of the WFI said that the committee will sit on Thursday to look into the matter of Sushil and will make a decision on him.Advertisement “Committee will sit today and take a call on Sushil Kumar,” the WFI spokesperson confirmed.Sushil Kumar, who won consecutive medals in the 2008 Beijing and 2012 London Olympic Games in the 66kg category, is trying to compete in the challenging 74 kg category for the first time in his career.There have also been some doubts over his future; following his early departure from the Asian Games and the World Championships, while 18-year-old Gaurav Baliyan is emerging to be a strong contender to take his place.But if the federation accepts Kumar’s request then the young Baliyan will have to wait for a shot at international glory.India picked up four Olympic quotas at the 2018 World Championships and will be eager to earn another spot in the 74kg, 97kg and 125kg categories at the Olympic qualification event in Xi’an, China.You might also like: Wrestler Deepak Punia clinches World number 1 ranking in 86Kg categorySports Minister Kiren Rijiju wants kabaddi to be included in 2024 Olympic Games Advertisementlast_img read more

NJ Summer Flounder Season Hits a Snag

first_imgBy Jay Cook |Efforts to compromise on what New Jersey representatives believe are draconian recreational fishing regulations were sunk last week, meaning the summer flounder season could potentially be shut down in coming months.A vote by the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission (ASMFC) on May 22 denied the state’s proposal for changes to three tiers of regulations. They also found New Jersey to be noncompliant.For greater New Jersey waters, the state had proposed an 18-inch minimum, three-fish limit and a 104-day season for the summer flounder season, a 24 percent cut from 2016. That differs from the ASMFC’s Addendum XXVIII decision in February of a 19-inch minimum, three-fish limit and a 128-day season, which made for a 33 percent reduction.“We’re disappointed by the actions of ASMFC’s Summer Flounder, Scup and Black Sea Bass Committee,” said Bob Martin, commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), in a statement on May 22. “New Jersey firmly believes that we have passed regulations that meet the conservation equivalency of the Commission’s proposed quota limits.”Despite New Jersey not falling in line with the regional regulations, the summer flounder season still opened on May 25 and will end on Sept. 5.On May 18, Martin approved the 18-inch minimum, three-fish limit and 104-day season for New Jersey. In the Delaware Bay and its tributaries, there is a 17-inch minimum, three-fish limit and 104-day season. For shore fishing on Island Beach State Park, there is a 16-inch minimum, two-fish limit and 104-day season as well.“There was no support by other board members for the New Jersey proposal,” said Tina Berger, spokeswoman for the ASMFC.In February, the ASMFC voted to approve Option 5 of Addendum XXVIII, which was in response to findings that the summer flounder stocks were close to being unsustainably low.“Because (summer flounder) was in an overfishing status, the states and the federal government had to take action to end overfishing immediately,” Berger said.Berger also added that the ASMFC board unanimously found New Jersey to be non-compliant. If the state doesn’t administer the board-approved regulations – 19-inch minimum, three-fish limit and 128-day season – a letter will be sent to the Secretaries of Commerce and the Interior.Fishing boats in Atlantic Highlands Harbor. If New Jersey doesn’t fall back in line with regionalfishing regulations, some fear the summer flounder season may be shut down.A conference call set for June 1 at 9:30 a.m. for the ASMFC’s Interstate Fisheries Management Policy will consider a recommendation to find New Jersey non-compliant.If that department and the federal offices also find New Jersey to be non-compliant, Berger said, after a 30-day window “a moratorium for fishing of that fish species in that state’s waters” could be implemented.New Jersey’s main concern with the ASMFC guidelines were that the number of summer flounder throwbacks would increase due to the 19-inch limit. The state believes that practice is ultimately connected to more fish deaths.“There’s simply no way we can believe that is responsible management,” said Adam Nowalsky, a former charter boat captain, and one of three New Jersey commissioners on the ASMCF.Through its proposed plan, the state believes that lowering the size limit by one inch and shortening the season by 24 days would lessen the burden on recreational anglers and keep the summer flounder stocks healthy.Also tied into its proposal was a major education outreach program aimed at informing recreational salt water anglers – those who fish from head boats, charter boats, in the ocean surf and also shop at bait and tackle shops.Through the FishSmart program lead by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and guidelines from TakeMeFishing.org, the state laid out a plan to distribute brochures and videos to anglers across the state.It also called for the creation of 30-second radio spot PSA’s, New Jersey-based videos showing proper catch-and-release techniques, and blasting out information via social media.Martin said he looks forward to working with NOAA in efforts to create a more responsible fishing culture. In turn, he said, that would “help protect the stock without devastating a multi-billion-dollar industry here in New Jersey.”Though for those who are unsure about the 2017 summer flounder season, Nowalsky said recreational anglers have to become more educated about the situation.In the meantime, he said, “I encourage people to go out and have a good time and enjoy what they can for as long as they can.”This article was first published in the June 1-June 8, 2017 print edition of The Two River Times.last_img read more

Microgrid Study To Determine Middletown’s Future Resiliency

first_imgBy Jay Cook |MIDDLETOWN – An effort to make the township more storm resilient while protecting many essential services is advancing.On Nov. 13 the governing body agreed to spend a $150,000 grant from the state Board of Public Utilities on a 12-month microgrid feasibility study. The goal is to explore the creation of a backup power source on a portion of Naval Weapons Station Earle’s waterfront base in Leonardo which would connect to more than a dozen municipal, county and federal services.“It’s a pretty big deal for us, when you think about what happened to Middletown after Sandy,” said Middletown Mayor Gerry Scharfenberger.A microgrid is defined by the BPU as “a group of interconnected loads and distributed energy resources (DER) within clearly defined electrical boundaries that acts as a single controllable entity with respect to the grid.” Microgrids have the ability to connect and disconnect from the electrical grid to enable it to operate in both grid-connected or island mode.The wish list of services being sought for connection to the microgrid are NWS Earle’s Waterfront Administration Area, Township of Middletown Sewage Authority, NY Waterways Ferry Terminal, Middletown Public Works and CNG Fueling Facilities, Middletown’s municipal complex, Leonardo Elementary School, Bayview Elementary School, Bayshore Middle School, Monmouth County Highway Department, Middletown Fire Stations 3, 4 and 7 and the Monmouth County Bayshore Outfall Authority, according to the BPU.Middletown was one of 13 entities in New Jersey awarded grant money in January by the BPU for the studies, which totaled over $2 million. Neptune Township was the only other Monmouth County town given a grant.Middletown officials are supporting the study, hoping it can provide significant backup to flood-prone areas along the Bayshore.Scharfenberger compared the township to a checkerboard with the microgrid protecting one or a few of the squares in a specific area.“I think we submitted a good proposal,” added township administrator Anthony Mercantante. “Because we were partnering with a federal agency, particularly the military, that made it attractive. We were also a town that was significantly impacted by the last two hurricanes, so clearly there’s a need for power resiliency along the coast.”Mercantante noted two specific areas in Middletown which could benefit the most: the Route 36 corridor and Port Monmouth. He said Route 36 is a key evacuation route out from the Bayshore which should have a backup.Also, Phase II of the $110 million Port Monmouth Flood Wall is under construction. “Reliable power to that during a storm is important,” Mercantante said, considering it would protect low-lying areas in the event of another major hurricane.Cooperation with NWS Earle was necessary for the study to go forward as preliminary plans have the microgrid positioned inside the base’s Leonardo post.Continuing to invest in storm resiliency is important for the United States Navy, said Dennis Blazak, NWS Earle’s community plans and liaison officer. He said NWS Earle suffered more than $50 million in damages and was out of power for a week after Super Storm Sandy.“It would mean that if we had another Hurricane Sandy, we’d still be able to operate and do our mission and work with our partners in the community,” Blazak said.William Addison, NWS Earle’s spokesman, said keeping military operations open is of utmost importance. He said NWS Earle is unique along the East Coast because of its ability to quickly supply ordnance to the Atlantic Fleet’s Carrier and Expeditionary Strike Groups.“Nobody can do it on the scale that we do it, and nobody can do it with the speed that we can,” Addison said. “That’s really where it comes into play for us.”Blazak also said microgrid consideration is laid out in the Joint Land Use Study, a federally funded project by the Department of Defense looking at how NWS Earle and its neighboring Monmouth County communities coexist.Mercantante said a microgrid would have no connection to the Monmouth County Reliability Project, a proposed 230-kV transmission line travelling from Aberdeen through Hazlet, Holmdel and Middletown before terminating in Red Bank. The Jersey Central Power & Light proposal currently sits before an Office of Administrative Law judge for a preliminary decision.Middletown awarded the $150,000 grant money to Leidos Engineering, a Massachusetts-based firm, and Scharfenberger anticipates a contract will be signed this week. Mercantante added a public hearing would ensue once the 12-month study is concluded. He also said it’s too early to tell what the cost of a microgrid would be if it’s found feasible, but said grant money and help from different agencies would be important.Addison echoed those statements, saying the study is a “joint effort.”“It can’t just be the Navy or the townships,” he said. “We certainly have to work together. We share that shoreline and we share that need.”This article was first published in the Nov. 16-23, 2017 print edition of the Two River Times.last_img read more