New deal for PSG star puts end to Arsenal and Man United transfer talk

first_img1 Marco Verratti Arsenal and Manchester United target Marco Verratti has put an end to speculation linking him with a move away from Paris Saint-Germain by signing a new contract.The Italian’s current deal was due to end in 2018, but he has now signed a year’s extension with the French champions.Verratti was linked with several of European football’s top clubs during the summer, with Real Madrid reportedly failing in a deadline day bid for the midfielder.And given the interest surrounding Verrratti, PSG’s president Nasser Al-Khelaifi is understandably delighted to have tied the 21-year-old down.“All of Europe wants Marco Verratti and each year he shows his desire to be a long term part of the Paris Saint-Germain project,” Al-Khelaifi told the PSG website.? “Marco is one of the most talented players of his generation. His presence in the squad shows the club’s desire to prepare for the future and build one of the biggest clubs in Europe.”last_img read more

Two charged over security incident linked to Arsenal duo

first_imgFormer Germany midfielder Ozil and the Bosnia defender were targeted last month by masked and armed attackers who chased their car through London.London’s Metropolitan Police said two men had been arrested in an incident in the north of the city three days ago.“Two men have been charged under Section 4a of the Public Order Act following an incident in Camden on Thursday,” the police said in a statement.“Ferhat Ercan, 27, and Salaman Ekinci, 27, were charged on August 9 following the incident and are due to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on September 6.”Reports suggested the men were arrested after becoming involved in an altercation with security staff outside Ozil’s house.Section 4a of the Public Order Act refers to offences of intentional harassment, alarm or distress, through threatening, abusive or insulting words, behaviour or displays.Arsenal said on Friday that Ozil and Kolasinac would not be in the squad travelling to Newcastle “following further security incidents which are being investigated by the police.“The welfare of our players and their families is always a top priority and we have taken this decision following discussion with the players and their representatives.“We are liaising with the police and are providing the players and their families with ongoing support.“We look forward to welcoming the players back to the squad as soon as possible.”0Shares0000(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Ozil and Kolasinac miss Arsenal’s trip to Newcastle over security concerns as police charge two men © AFP/File / OZAN KOSELONDON, United Kingdom, Aug 11 – Two men will appear in court next month charged with a public order offence, police confirmed Sunday, in connection with two Arsenal footballers previously targeted in an attack.Arsenal said Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac would not play in Sunday’s opening English Premier League fixture at Newcastle due to “further security incidents”.last_img read more