Press Association Di Maria is currently on leave after his exertions with Argentina at the Copa America, but Van Gaal insists the midfielder will fly to the US on Saturday, as had been originally planned before the tour started. “He will come on July 25,” the United manager said. Van Gaal refused to dismiss reports United’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward met with PSG officials to discuss Di Maria’s future on Tuesday. “I cannot answer that,” the Dutchman said. “It is a process. When we think we have to say something, we will.” Di Maria has also encountered problems off the field since his move to England. He and his family moved out of their Cheshire home in February following an attempted burglary. Senior sources at United recently downplayed suggestions Di Maria was unsettled in Manchester, but that has not stopped cash-rich PSG from being linked with a move for the player. Louis van Gaal still expects Angel di Maria to join Manchester United’s tour of the United States on Saturday despite reports the £59.7million midfielder is closing in on a transfer to Paris St Germain. As well as Di Maria, Marcos Rojo and Javier Hernandez are also expected to join the squad on Saturday, when United play their third tour match – against Barcelona at the Levi’s Stadium in California. The trio are not expected to play in the match against Barcelona but will be available for United’s last match – against PSG – which could prove interesting if Van Gaal selects Di Maria. Barcelona’s Pedro is in the frame as a potential new recruit if Van Gaal decides to cut his losses on Di Maria. The Dutchman had hinted he was ready to sign a “surprise” striker at the weekend. But Van Gaal had changed his tune somewhat after United had beaten San Jose Earthquakes 3-1. “I don’t know if I want to buy a striker,” Van Gaal said. “I have read in the media that the striker is a surprise. No. That is not what I said. You are saying that. No. I mean something else.” Memphis Depay scored his first goal for United while Juan Mata and Andreas Pereira also found the net in San Jose, but Van Gaal was not a happy man after the final whistle. “The first half, I was satisfied,” said Van Gaal, who made 10 changes at half-time. “But the second half I think we played very badly. A lot of unnecessary ball losses. The only highlight was the goal from Pereira.” Midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger was singled out for criticism. “He was also bad,” Van Gaal said of the £15million signing. “The one highlight was Pereira.” Goalkeeper David de Gea, who sat out the first game in Seattle against Club America, did not play against San Jose. The Real Madrid target warmed up prior to the match, but he did not come off the bench at half-time and Sam Johnstone remained in goal for the whole 90 minutes.. Van Gaal hopes the Spaniard will be fit to play against Barcelona in Santa Clara this weekend. “I have good hope that he can play against Barcelona,” Van Gaal said. “He was still injured. Anders Lindegaard was also injured. It was difficult, so I said, ‘Go stand in the goal so we had a point of direction for my attackers, but don’t do anything to risk your injury more’. “I hope that he can play on Saturday. I think he can play on Saturday.” Di Maria failed to impress at United last season following his record move to Old Trafford from Real Madrid. The 27-year-old spent a large chunk of the second half of the season on the bench at United and he has subsequently been linked with a big-money move to PSG.
H2K esports released a letter late last week slamming the set-up of the European LCS and Riot for the substantial losses they’re incurring.The organisation outlines first and foremost that it’s an organisation based in the United States, but has been committed to the European region as a result of competing in League of Legends. The letter goes on to commend Riot for the organised structure of the League of Legends esports format, which sees the European League of Legends Championship Series sitting atop the European division format, with the European Challenger Series a division below.
Juventus’s hopes of winning the Champions League suffered a devastating blow as key defender Giorgio Chiellini was ruled out with an injury.Chiellini had reportedly been struggling with a calf problem on Wednesday, but it was not initially thought to be serious. But on Thursday Juventus confirmed that a scan had revealed a first grade tear to the player’s soleus muscle in his left leg, which rules him out of contention for the match.The 30-year-old centre-back has been one of Juventus’s key players this season, with some suggesting he is the key to stopping Barcelona’s mighty strike force of Leo Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez. Juventus were already a long shot before Chiellini’s injury, with bookmakers pricing them at 5-1 to win the match in 90 minutes and 12-5 to lift the trophy, against Barcelona at 13-20 and 4-11 respectively. But without the Italian international, Juventus’s hopes of winning the tournament – and with it, a historic treble – will lengthen further.WHO WILL REPLACE HIM?Chiellini’s place in the starting line-up will undoubtedly be taken by Andrea Barzagli, who has been in and out of the side since returning from a serious ankle injury just a few months ago. Since his return the 34-year-old Italy international has played a key role, either at the heart of a back-four or on the right of a back three, producing solid defensive performances in key matches including the Serie A-clinching victory away at Sampdoria at the beginning of May.Chiellini has made 44 appearances for the Turin giants this season scoring a single goal. –