Khedira latest: Arsenal and Chelsea consider moves, but will Bayern Munich beat them to the punch?

first_img Sami Khedira has been linked with a switch to Arsenal 1 The Premier League season is just a fortnight away, and while Arsene Wenger has conducted some excellent business over the summer, even he concedes that Arsenal could bring in more players.“There could still be one signing, maximum of two. If a good opportunity comes up we might still do it, but at the moment we are not close to signing anybody,” Wenger is quoted as saying.One such player linked with a move is Sami Khedira, but how close is a potential deal? Here’s the latest…Replacement lined-upSpanish publication AS say that Real Madrid are preparing for Khedira’s departure by making a move for Wolfsburg midfielder Luiz Gustavo. The Brazilian was one of the few members of the Selecao to emerge from the World Cup with any credit. The publication claim that negotiations between the two clubs are advancing, and while Real boss Carlo Ancelotti will be pained to losing Khedira, he will allow him to leave once a replacement is secured.WaitingThe Express say that Arsenal and rivals Chelsea are the two English clubs in the running for Khedira, and while the London duo are keen on landing him ahead of the new season, they are biding their time before making a serious move. The 27-year-old is set to join up with his Madrid teammates tomorrow, and a decision will be made in the coming weeks.Chelsea-boundThe Daily Star have dealt a blow to Arsenal fans, reporting that while the Gunners are deliberating over whether to make a £24m move for Khedira, it may amount to little, with the German international ready to run down the final year of his contract at Madrid in order to join Chelsea for free next summer. Khedira is believed to have a good relationship with Jose Mourinho following the latter’s time as boss at the Bernabeu and is keen on working with him again.Bayern Munich showing an interestAs talkSPORT’s German football expert commented, Arsenal and Chelsea aren’t the only sides in the running to land Khedira. Following the loss of Toni Kross to Real Madrid this summer, it looks as though Pep Guardiola is keen on exacting some sort of revenge by luring Khedira to the Allianz Arena. However, unlike Arsenal, Bayern look likely to wait until the summer of 2015 in order to land him on a free transfer.Arsenal fans, do you think you need Sami Khedira? Comment below…last_img read more

Two charged over security incident linked to Arsenal duo

first_imgFormer Germany midfielder Ozil and the Bosnia defender were targeted last month by masked and armed attackers who chased their car through London.London’s Metropolitan Police said two men had been arrested in an incident in the north of the city three days ago.“Two men have been charged under Section 4a of the Public Order Act following an incident in Camden on Thursday,” the police said in a statement.“Ferhat Ercan, 27, and Salaman Ekinci, 27, were charged on August 9 following the incident and are due to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on September 6.”Reports suggested the men were arrested after becoming involved in an altercation with security staff outside Ozil’s house.Section 4a of the Public Order Act refers to offences of intentional harassment, alarm or distress, through threatening, abusive or insulting words, behaviour or displays.Arsenal said on Friday that Ozil and Kolasinac would not be in the squad travelling to Newcastle “following further security incidents which are being investigated by the police.“The welfare of our players and their families is always a top priority and we have taken this decision following discussion with the players and their representatives.“We are liaising with the police and are providing the players and their families with ongoing support.“We look forward to welcoming the players back to the squad as soon as possible.”0Shares0000(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Ozil and Kolasinac miss Arsenal’s trip to Newcastle over security concerns as police charge two men © AFP/File / OZAN KOSELONDON, United Kingdom, Aug 11 – Two men will appear in court next month charged with a public order offence, police confirmed Sunday, in connection with two Arsenal footballers previously targeted in an attack.Arsenal said Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac would not play in Sunday’s opening English Premier League fixture at Newcastle due to “further security incidents”.last_img read more