An East Coast Demerara (ECD) businesswoman is wanted for questioning by the Customs Anti-Narcotics Unit (CANU) in relation to last month’s cocaine bust in Canada on a bauxite ship that departed Guyana.Wanted is Rosemary Singh, called “Rose” of Lot 123 Ramsingh Street, Annandale, ECD, and Lot 153 South Annandale. She is the proprietress of Rose Bar, located in Section C Enterprise, ECD.CANU is asking anyone with information on her whereabouts to make contact with its headquarters on telephone numbers 227-3507 and 226-0431.The cocaine that was seized by Canadian authorities last monthOn September 15, 2018, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) carried out a major drug enforcement exercise during which they seized 81 kilograms of cocaine at the Port of Valleyfield.The drug was found concealed in the hold of a vessel – Jacqueline C – carrying bauxite from Linden, Guyana, where the ship departed.“After an initial search of the vessel, signs led us to concentrate on the front of the boat. And after a vigorous search, the cocaine was found concealed in bags in the hold of the vessel,” CBSA Deputy Director, Alain Surprenant was quoted saying in subsequent reports.Nevertheless, four people were arrested, two of whom – 48-year-old Nazir Ahmad Hussain and 36-year-old Roldan De Gorio TITO – were charged with conspiracy to import drugs for the purpose of trafficking.According to a statement on the RCMP’s website, investigations revealed that the seized drug was heading for Toronto and Vancouver markets.
0Shares0000PAOK’s Greek-Russian owner Ivan Savvidis has been banned for three years for storming onto the pitch with a gun in its holster © AFP/File / stringerATHENS, Greece, Mar 29 – The owner of Greek club PAOK has been banned for three years after storming onto the pitch with a holstered gun on his belt, league organisers said.PAOK were also docked three points and fined for Ivan Savvidis’ actions at the end of a match against AEK Athens, meaning they drop to third place in a tight championship race with AEK and Olympiakos. The ruling also includes a 100,000-euro ($123,000) fine for Greek-Russian businessman Savvidis and a separate 63,000-euro fine for PAOK.PAOK, based in the northern port of Thessaloniki, said they will appeal.Also Thursday, the monitoring committee of global football body FIFA recommended the immediate suspension of Greece’s football federation, according to a letter leaked to Greek media.The Greek league will resume on Saturday after being suspended on March 12 in the wake of the Savvidis incident. Athens-based AEK now have a commanding lead at the top with 57 points followed by Olympiakos with 50 and PAOK with 49 points.The clubs have agreed to a list of government demands, including point deductions and automatic relegation for clubs responsible for violence.Savvidis, a 58-year-old tobacco industrialist and a former lawmaker with the party of Russian president Vladimir Putin, stormed onto the pitch to confront the referee in protest at a 90th-minute disallowed goal in what was then a top-of-the-table clash against AEK Athens.His club said: “The penalty is harsh and (was made) under the pressure of a targeted communication storm against PAOK. We are appealing and expect to be judged on the basis of actual facts.”It said Savvidis had the support of “the entire family of PAOK, stronger and more determined than ever”.The Greek Super League docked PAOK three points from this season and two from next season, and ordered them to play the next three home matches without spectators.The league banned the club’s football director Lubos Michel for three months and fined him 15,000 euros for threatening the referee in the AEK match.There was little sympathy for PAOK from their Athens-based rivals.“We expected PAOK to be punished and that we would be on the top. I think we deserve to be at the top as we have played the best football,” AEK forward Tasos Bakasetas told Nova TV.Greek football has perennially been plagued by violence and match-fixing.The head of a FIFA committee set up last July to monitor the Greek football federation, Herbert Hubel, recommended in his report to FIFA’s leadership that Greece, the 2004 European champions, be excluded from international competition.Hubel mentioned the pitch invasion by Savvidis, as well as the suspension of the league, the suspension of PAOK from the European Club Association and continuous delays in court decisions about match outcomes.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Killybegs man Seamus Coleman has staked a claim to a regular place in the Ireland team after an impressive display against the Faroe Islands tonight.The Everton star impressed manager Giovanni Trapattoni with an assured performance at right back.Coleman was many people’s choice as Man of the Match – an honour which went to Wigan star James McCarthey in the 4-1 World Cup qualification win. The Donegal man was busy all night getting up and down the wings and will surely have convinced the Italian of his ability going forward.Coleman too was pleased with his own and his team’s performance.“We did well even thought it was scoreless at half-time. The manager spoke to us and told us to continue to play the way we were playing.“We got on top after we scored the first goal and things went well after that. We played some good, controlled football. “I was pleased enough with my own performance but I was delighted that we did well as a team after last week’s poor display against Germany,” he said.The question still remains if Trap will stay on as Ireland manager with speculation mounting over his future.A planned press conference for tomorrow has been cancelled without explanation. COLEMAN STARS AS IRELAND IMPRESS AGAINST THE FAROE ISLANDS was last modified: October 17th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:evertonFaroe IslandsKillybegsseamus coleman
Hayman has been named Best Hotel/Resort in Australia at the National Travel Industry Awards for Excellence 2010.A six-time winner of this award and the first resort to be inducted into the NTIA Hall of Fame in 2005 after winning this category for three successive years, Hayman accepted this latest award at a glittering dinner in Sydney on Saturday night (10 July).Hayman General Manager, Shane Green said the award was a significant one for Hayman, having been voted on by the travel industry.“We are delighted with the success Hayman has enjoyed in these awards over many years, and having been selected by our industry partners, who continue to allow us to showcase the many wonderful attributes of our resort and island,” Mr Green said. Mr Green acknowledged the contribution of “an exceptional group of people who live and work on Hayman and are dedicated to providing a special resort experience”.“We are committed to delivering a higher level of excellence to our guests and respected partners through our ongoing enhancements to the Hayman experience which will include the unveiling of magnificent new Beach Villas in December.”Hayman is owned by Mulpha Australia Limited and is a member of the prestigious organisation, The Leading Hotels of the World. Source = Hayman <a href=”http://www.etbtravelnews.global/click/2186f/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://adsvr.travelads.biz/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=10&cb=INSERT_RANDOM_NUMBER_HERE&n=a5c63036″ border=”0″ alt=””></a>