Cabella told nufcTV: “Yes, that’s something I am here for. I am looking to improve all the time and hopefully become one of the best. I just love improving. “I love to play. Big matches or little matches, I am always there. It makes me want to play more, the fact that this match is such a big one at the start, and I am looking forward to just getting involved in the season. “My first match at Newcastle is something I have been really looking forward to.” Cabella freely admits he modelled himself on Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as a youngster, but insists he has become his own man as he has matured in the game. He said: “I loved to learn how to dribble like him and do the tricks, but now I am on the professional stage, I have my own way. “I am looking to improve all the time and Newcastle is a well-known, very good club. I just love to improve and that’s what I’m here to do.” Magpies boss Alan Pardew was delighted to have finally landed a man the club had been chasing since January, when they tried to sign him as a replacement for Yohan Cabaye. Indeed, the 52-year-old included himself in a vote of thanks he extended to owner Mike Ashley, managing director Lee Charnley and chief scout Graham Carr for eventually getting the deal done. The 24-year-old France international completed his move from Montpellier for an undisclosed fee on Sunday evening when he signed a six-year deal to become the latest recruit from his country to ply his trade at St James’ Park. He could make his competitive debut for the club in the Barclays Premier League opener against Manchester City next month, and he will do so hoping to follow in the footsteps of the likes of David Ginola and Laurent Robert. Pardew said: “I’d like to pay tribute to my staff, in particular Graham, myself, Lee and Mike and everyone on the board who worked really hard for this one because he’s a player we think is important. “Obviously, that’s represented in the fee and represented in his commitment to us as well. “I am just looking forward to seeing an exciting talent in the team and someone who can open the door. “Of course, he’s a player who has been on our radar for a while. It’s a marquee signing for us. “He represents all Newcastle fans love in a player. He has real flair, real hard work, commitment. But he is going to bring a talent to St James’ Park that I hope our fans are going to enjoy. “He’s got great ideas when the ball comes to him and, along with [former Ajax midfielder] Siem [de Jong], is going to improve an area where we definitely needed some help. “It’s part of a rebuilding process, and a big part of it.” Pardew finished last season under pressure after Newcastle wilted alarmingly following Cabaye’s departure for Paris St Germain, and he is hoping signings of the calibre of Cabella and Dutchman De Jong can help win over his detractors. He said: “It’s taken us a while to build and we have had to lose one or two great players along the way, Cabaye in particular. “But we always knew that once this summer came, we could make a bigger step, maybe, and hopefully that’s reflected in performances, reflected hopefully in our fans’ belief in the team and more importantly, for the players we have retained, the great players we have retained – [Fabricio] Coloccini, [Cheick] Tiote, Tim Krul, et cetera.” In the meantime, Cabella will return to the holiday he interrupted in Corsica to complete his move before throwing himself into his new challenge. The midfielder said: “It was nice to meet everybody and to come down, but I am definitely looking forward to making the most out of the rest of my holiday before I have to knuckle down and get in and start training with everyone.” Remy Cabella resumed his holiday already planning to establish himself among Newcastle’s great French imports. Press Association
Abuja bubbles as a total of 83 archers drawn from across the country storm the capital city for the first phase of the Nigerian Archery Federation Game Clinic, Coaching and Officiating Workshop holding from 17 to 24 March, 2019 at the Multi-purpose Indoor Sports Hall of the National Stadium, Abuja.President of the Nigeria Archery Federation, Mohammed Abdullah, said said yesterday that the participants are drawn from the Defence Headquarters, Abuja comprising, Army, Navy, AirForce, Road Safety and the Nigeria Immigration services. Others are from Imo, Kogi, Niger and Oyo State. Tukura Archery Academy and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) complete the list of archers for the event.Abdullahi who is excited over the encouraging number of participants registered so far for the Workshop, further hinted that the Nigerian Immigration Services has the highest number of participants which is 20 while the Defence Headquarters has 15 leaving Road Safety and the FCT with 10 participants each. Niger State has 5; Imo 4, Kogi 3 and Oyo 3. Tukura Academy has 5 participants while 8 unattached individual participants have since been registered.Meanwhile, Archery President Abdullah while lauding the project, gave the names of Mr. Olatunji O Boluji, Dr. Tukura, Mr Lucky Izukor and Mr. Kunle Akintimehin as the four resource persons for the week-long Workshop which is aimed at repositioning archery sport in Nigeria. The participants will depart on 24 March 2019.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram National Stadium, Abuja
Ukraine’s rising welterweight powerhouse Maxim Prodan (15-0-1, 14 KO’s) will also be in action against former Belgium Super-Lightweight Champion Steve Jamoye (25-6-2, 5 KO’s) when the pair fight for the vacant IBF International Welterweight title.The evening’s third title fight involves Milan’s former World title challenger Vissia Trovato (12-1, 5 KO’s), who takes on Mexico’s Erika Cruz Hernandez (9-1, 3 KO’s) for the WBC World Silver female featherweight title.Join DAZN to watch Canelo vs. Jacobs, Joshua vs. Miller and more than 100 fight nights a year“I’m excited to promote our first show in Milan,” said Eddie Hearn, Matchroom Boxing managing director. “It’s a stacked card full of exciting matchups with the hugely popular and exciting Daniele Scardina topping the card. We had a great start in Florence, and we expect another sold out Arena in Milan.”Salvatore Cherchi of OPI Since 82 said: “After a successful night in Florence we are back in Milan with the second show of the partnership with Matchroom Boxing Italy and DAZN. Milan has a very important boxing tradition and in the last four years we kept it alive promoting 28 shows at Teatro Principe. We are Looking forward to a great night of boxing on March 8.”“We are very happy to bring boxing back to Milan, a city that includes sports among its greatest excellences, especially within a unique location that has always been linked to great international fashion and design events that animate the city every year,” said Veronica Diquattro, Executive Vice President of DAZN Italy. “Together with our partners, the goal is to reawaken the excitement and interest around boxing in Italy, trying to bring more people close to this sport.”When is the Scardina vs. Kekalainen fight?Daniele Scardina vs. Henri Kekalainen will take place Friday, March 8, the undercard is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. ET followed by the main card at 5 p.m.How do I watch Scardina vs. Kekalainen?The Daniele Scardina vs. Henri Kekalainen fight is not available via traditional pay-per-view methods. Instead, fans in North America can take advantage of a 30-day free trial to watch the fight online with DAZN, the global live-sports streaming service.DAZN is available on a variety of platforms, including Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, iOS, Android, Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Playstation 3, as well as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari browsers via DAZN.com.MORE ABOUT DAZN• Meet DAZN, the first dedicated live sports streaming service• What sports are live-streamed on DAZN?• How much does DAZN’s live sports streaming service cost?How much does the Scardina vs. Kekalainen fight cost?A new subscriber to DAZN gets the first month of service free, which means you wouldn’t have to pay a penny to watch the Scardina vs. Kekalainen fight. If you have previously signed up for DAZN, the fight is included as part of your $9.99 monthly subscription cost.A subscription also includes access to all of DAZN’s live events, as well as highlights, replays, behind-the-scenes features, original shows and live news reports. There is no contract, so DAZN subscribers can cancel at any time.Where is the Scardina vs. Kekalainen fight?Daniele Scardina and Henri Kekalainen will fight at the Superstudio in Milan, Italy.Daniele Scardina record and bioName: Daniele ScardinaNationality: ItalianBorn: April 2, 1992Height: 6-0½ Total fights: 15Record: 15-0 with 14 knockoutsHenri Kekalainen record and bioName: Henri KekalainenNationality: FinnishBorn: January 6, 1992Height: 6-0Total fights: 16Record: 11-5 with 5 knockoutsScardina vs. Kekalainen fight cardDaniele Scardina vs. Henri Kekalainen – IBF International super-middleweight titleMaxim Prodan vs. Steve Jamoye – IBF International welterweight titleVissia Trovato vs. Erika Cruz Hernandez – WBC World silver featherweight titleDario Morello vs. Ivan NjegacMirko Natalizi vs. Predrag Cvetovic Marzio Franscella vs. Frane RadnicSamuel Nmomah vs. Adam CieslakJamie Cox vs. Geard Ajetovic The vacant IBF International Super middleweight title is up for grabs at the Superstudio in Milan, Italy this Friday when the undefeated Italian prospect Daniele Scardina (15-0, 14 KOs) takes on Finnish super-middleweight Champion Henri Kekalainen (11-5, 5 KOs) live on DAZN.This is the second installment of the Matchroom Boxing Italy, Opi Since 82 and DAZN’s historic eight-year joint venture in Italy, and it promises to be a great night of European boxing with three titles, nine bouts and an array of emerging Italian talent on the card.