VIDEO: New York Police Officer Sucker-punched

first_imgNelson Jimenez, 31, launched his attack in front of a crowd of bystanders who had gathered on a sidewalk near 183rd Street and Davidson Avenue in University Heights to watch the arrest of 27-year-old robbery suspect Yoemdy Castro, law enforcement sources said.In the footage, you can see the officer standing over the suspect who is lying face down on the pavement being cuffed by another officer. Suddenly Jimenez who is pacing around in the background can be seen striking the standing officer in the side of the head knocking his hat off. The officer who was struck immediately turns around and fires his Taser, but it’s unclear if it struck Jimenez.Jimenez then runs away, with the cop close behind, the video shows.Spectators can be heard cheering on the suspect, imploring the suspect to “run.”Officers later caught and arrested Jimenez in a nearby bodega, law enforcement sources said. Charges against him are pending.A second cop who responded to the fracas was also punched in the head in an off-camera incident, according to sources.The suspect in that assault, Brandee Isom, 25, was arrested and charged with assault and obstructing governmental administration, sources said. Amid the death and disease in New York, an NYPD police officer helping another cop during an arrest in the Bronx Tuesday is suddenly sucker-punched by a man wearing a protective mask who was standing behind him and it is all caught on cell phone video.NYC people are dying, and suffering as COVID-19 plagues thousands but the same scumbags continue to roam the streets of NYC and attack NYPD cops. Sadly the wrong people are suffering. Welcome to DeBlasios NYC pic.twitter.com/St6UoXV9wZ— SBA (@SBANYPD) April 8, 2020last_img read more

Football News Aubameyang steals Arsenal’s comeback to reach Europa League quarter-finals

first_imghighlights New Delhi: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang spearheaded Arsenal’s revival by scoring twice in a 3-0 win over Rennes to reach the Europa League quarter-finals 4-3 on aggregate, as Chelsea and Napoli also booked a last-eight spot on Thursday. The Gunners canceled out their 3-1 deficit from last week’s first leg in France inside 15 minutes as Aubameyang swept home from close range before teeing up Ainsley Maitland-Niles to head home. However, Rennes had cause to complain as Aubameyang should have been flagged offside before the second goal.With VAR not in use for the Europa League unlike the Champions League, there was no recourse for Rennes and the Ligue 1 side will also reflect on missed opportunities after the break as a historic European run for the club came to an end. M’Baye Niang struck the post and Sead Kolasinac’s last-ditch tackle denied Ismaila Sarr before the Bosnian wing-back crossed for Aubameyang to give Arsenal breathing space. Aubameyang spearheaded Arsenal’s revival by scoring twice in a 3-0 win over Rennes.Pierre-Emerick reaches the Europa League quarter-finals 4-3 on aggregate.Winning the Europa League also offers Arsenal and Chelsea the safety net of Champions League qualification. Winning the Europa League also offers Arsenal and Chelsea the safety net of Champions League qualification should they fail to make the top four in the Premier League. But Arsenal boss Unai Emery, who won the Europa League three times as Sevilla coach, also wants the glory of a trophy in his first season in charge.”It is not only the possibility to go to Champions League, but it also is one title and we can feel the possibility to win one title,” said the Spaniard. Chelsea cruised into the last eight with greater ease as six Premier League sides will take their place in Friday’s quarter-finals draws with Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham in the last eight of the Champions League.After a 3-0 victory in last week’s last 16, first leg at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea was even more dominant in Kiev as Olivier Giroud scored his first hat-trick for the club.”We started very well. We wanted to start in this way,” Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri told BT Sport.”We played a wonderful first half and managed the game in the second half.” Giroud, who is yet to start in the Premier League in 2019 after the signing of Gonzalo Higuain, netted a first-half double before Marcos Alonso slid home a third on the stroke of half-time. Frenchman Giroud completed his hat-trick before teenage winger Callum Hudson-Odoi rounded off the scoring. For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

Windows 10 upgrade prompt gets decline option

first_imgWindows 10 upgrade prompt gets decline option by Martin Brinkmann on June 28, 2016 in Windows – Last Update: July 05, 2017 – 20 commentsBetter late than never. Microsoft is about to release an update to the company’s Get Windows 10 application for Windows 7 and Windows 8 devices that includes a decline option.Microsoft has been criticized heavily for its aggressive push of the Windows 10 operating system. The company’s offer looks like a good one on first glance: upgrade your existing version of Windows to Windows 10 for free in the first year.The main issue that users have with the promotion is not that it exists, but that it won’t take no for an answer.In fact, some of the latest Get Windows 10 prompts that user receive give users no option at all to decline the upgrade.Microsoft changed the prompt regularly, and made it increasingly difficult for users to decline the offer.The Get Windows 10 application shares characteristics with malware, as it is difficult to get rid of completely.Windows 10 offer with decline optionThe Verge reports that Microsoft will launch a new upgrade prompt soon that makes things clearer.The new Get Windows 10 prompt lists “decline free offer” as one of the options. While the focus is on the upgrade now button in the interface, it is still probably the clearest “no” option of any Get windows 10 prompt up until now.A “choose time” option is listed as well for users who want to schedule the upgrade to Windows 10 on the device.The prompt lists July 29 as the last date to get the free upgrade, and it will surely convince some users who have not upgraded yet to take Microsoft up on the offer.Since the new version of the Get Windows 10 application is not available yet, it is unclear what happens when users select to decline the free offer.Microsoft could interpret this as “not now” instead of “stop bothering me”, which in turn would mean that users would see that prompt or another one at a later point in timeWindows chief Terry Myerson told the Verge that Microsoft has been hard at work at incorporating user feedback, and that the new prompt is the result of that feedback.Why now?One has to wonder why it took Microsoft so long to incorporate this change. Cynics might state that the company pushed the majority of users to Windows 10 already, and that the last month in which the free upgrade is available does not matter that much anymore to the company.I’d say that the last month is one of the most important ones for Microsoft. Users who declined or blocked the upgrade offer in the beginning might want to take advantage of it after all. The Anniversary Update, which will be out at about the same time as the free upgrade offer expires, introduces important feature additions to Windows 10 that many say should have been there from the beginning.It is still saver to block the Windows 10 upgrade offer directly, or use a program like Never10 or GWX Control Panel for that instead.Now You: Will you upgrade your Windows version to Windows 10 before the offer expires?SummaryArticle NameWindows 10 upgrade prompt gets decline optionDescriptionBetter late than never. Microsoft is about to release an update to the company’s Get Windows 10 application for Windows 7 and Windows 8 devices that includes a decline option.Author Martin BrinkmannPublisher Ghacks Technology NewsLogo Advertisementlast_img read more