Residents of infection hotspot Madrid are to be barred from leaving except on essential trips under new rules to fight the coronavirus resurgence, Spain’s government said on Wednesday.But regional authorities said the decision had no legal basis, setting the stage for a political showdown in an area accounting for more than a third of Spain’s 133,604 new cases in the past two weeks.”Madrid’s health is Spain’s health. Madrid is special,” Health Minister Salvador Illa told a news conference to announce the new regulations, due to come into force in days. The capital city, with more than 3 million people, and nine surrounding municipalities with at least 100,000 inhabitants each, are to see borders closed to outsiders for non-essential visits, the government said.People would be allowed to cross boundaries for work, school, doctors’ visits or shopping, but not for leisure.Other measures include the closure of bars and restaurants at 11 p.m., from a previous curfew of 1 a.m., as well as shutting parks and playgrounds.Social gatherings will be limited to six people. Madrid has 735 cases per 100,000 people, one of the highest of any region in Europe and double Spain’s national rate.The conservative regional assembly had already enforced localized lockdowns in 45, mostly poor districts, often with a high immigrant population.But the wider restrictions announced by Illa see the Socialist-led central government override the regional authority after weeks of fighting over what should be done.”The decision is not valid legally,” regional health chief Enrique Ruiz Escudero repeatedly told a news conference of the lockdown plan, even though the local authorities had seemingly accepted some steps on Tuesday. “The Spanish government is in a hurry to intervene in Madrid but not to defeat the virus.”Escudero did not specify what measures regional authorities may take to oppose the lockdown.Political polarization over the pandemic has exasperated people in Spain, which has recorded 769,188 cases – the highest in Western Europe – and 31,791 deaths. Topics :
However, despite the emergence of reports from France quoting the selling club’s president Louis Nicollin claiming they and the Magpies have struck a deal, Press Association Sport understands there is still work to be done before manager Alan Pardew gets his man. Newcastle have been chasing the 24-year-old France international – currently on holiday following his return from the World Cup finals – since January when they attempted to sign him to replace Yohan Cabaye. Newcastle are edging closer to signing summer target Remy Cabella after holding productive talks with Montpellier. However, there were unable to reach an agreement then and Nicollin has since done little to encourage them in their ongoing pursuit. But it appears that a deal may now be there in principle, although sources on Tyneside on Friday evening were counselling that a decisive breakthrough may take more than 48 hours. The Magpies have opened discussions too with Dutch club Feyenoord over Holland full-back Daryl Janmaat as a potential replacement for Mathieu Debuchy should he complete his proposed move to Arsenal. Press Association
Curtains will this Sunday be drawn on this year’s edition of the Fast Moving Consumers Games at the YabaTech Sports Complex by 12p.m.Over the past four weeks, the Games has stayed true to its name by offering an exciting, captivating and entertaining tournament.This year’s edition features the likes of Nestle, Unilever, FrieslandCampina, Guinness and Reckitt Benckiser in feature events; football, athletics, board games; (chess and scrabble) and table tennis. This weekend sees table toppers Nestle take on FrieslandCampina in the battle for the Football crown, while Reckitt Benckiser trade tackles with Unilever in a dicey but yet promising match which can potentially take the winner up to second.Other events for the weekend includes the Athletics finals in both male and female category and the conclusion of the scrabble events.The past weekend saw the conclusion of the table tennis and chess events which saw Nestle and FrieslandCampina claiming gold.The football event witnessed FrieslandCampina defeating arch-rivals – Unilever by a lone goal and Reckitt Benckiser earning their first victory in the competition by defeating Guinness.The event was graced by notable dignitaries from the participating companies; Dayanand T.S. – General Manager West Africa, Reckitt Benckiser, Ayodele Alabi – Corporate Communication Manager, Guinness, Torinmo Fabanwo – Human Resources Manager, Reckitt Benckiser, Kenneth Omeni – Head, Audit, FrieslandCampinaWamco and Odoemene Okezie – Human Resources Business Partner, Unilever.The battle for who becomes the Overall Champion and also who wins the Football Trophy goes down to the wire as the stakes are high and more medals will be claimed this weekend.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Best sportsperson of SBK will be known on 1 February in Centre of Culture, Travnik at 7.30 p.m.The expert jurors of this event are: Edhem Ekmeščić, Zvonimir Čilić, Mulo Hadžić, Hazim Čukle and Osman Mešan. The athletes will be categorized in 18 categories.But, unofficially, the votes of the audience and visitors of hronika.ba already chose Tatjana Stanić as the best sportswoman of SBK. Tatjana Stanić is the player of football club ”Mladost” and she received 1337 votes. She is also the top scorer of the club who won second place in the tournament in BiH.