Kim shoots 62 for 2-shot lead after three rounds at Wyndham

first_img LIVE TV Si Woo Kim had a hole in one on the way to a 62 for a two-shot lead over Doc Redman and Rob Oppenheim through three rounds of the Wyndham Championship on Saturday.Kim, who’s at 18-under after 54 holes, made history three years ago when at 21 he became the youngest winner of The Players Championship. Now, he’s seeking his first victory since — and playing strongly wherever he tees it up.Kim has broken 70 in nine of his last 10 rounds, including all four at TPC Harding Park to finish tied for 13th at the PGA Championship. He has continued that stellar play at Sedgefield Country Club, where he won his first PGA Tour event in 2016.Redman had a 63, while Oppenheim set a career low on tour with a 62 in second at 16-under.Billy Horschel shot a 65 and was three strokes back at 15-under. Mark Hubbard (64) and Jim Herman were another stroke back at 14-under. Herman shot a 61, a career best and tied for lowest round of the tournament.But it was Kim’s sizzling play that stood out in this one. He got going when his 8-iron on the 161-yard, third hole found the cup for his third ace on tour. Kim clipped the cup on the par-3 12th, settling 14 inches away for another birdie.Kim kept it up with birdies on the 15th, 16th and 17th holes to take the lead.Oppenheim was bidding for a 60 when he birdied the next-to-last hole to move to 17-under. But his only bogey of the round on the final hole dropped him back.Oppenheim, 40, has put himself in line to make the FedEx Cup playoffs for the first time, moving up from 145 on the list (only the top 125 start at The Northern Trust next week) to a projected 77. He’d love to add his first tour title to the mix, too.Redman, 22, is also seeking his first PGA Tour win. He joined the tie for second after matching his career low score of 63. Redman took bogey on his opening hole, then had eight birdies the rest of the way.The PGA Tour moved up tee times, grouped competitors in threesomes and sent them off on the first and 10th tees to beat the bad weather expected later Saturday.The early, dry conditions set off a run of low scores that contenders had no choice but to keep up with throughout the round.In all, 52 of the 77 competitors finished with rounds in the 60s.There were two 61s, the lowest score this week, from Jim Herman and Zach Johnson, the Payne Stewart Award winner who is striving to make the playoffs after a subpar season. Johnson was projected at 109 in FedEx points after starting the round outside the playoffs at 129.Past champion Webb Simpson (65) and Peter Malnati were at 13-under.Image credits: AP Associated Press Television News Last Updated: 16th August, 2020 09:44 IST Kim Shoots 62 For 2-shot Lead After Three Rounds At Wyndham Si Woo Kim had a hole in one on the way to a 62 for a two-shot lead over Doc Redman and Rob Oppenheim through three rounds of the Wyndham Championship on Saturday SUBSCRIBE TO US COMMENTcenter_img First Published: 16th August, 2020 09:44 IST WATCH US LIVE Written By FOLLOW USlast_img read more

Colin Kaepernick to Browns? Hue Jackson claims he wanted it to happen in 2017

first_imgSince becoming a free agent in 2017, Kaepernick has not received a workout from any NFL team. But if Jackson had it his way, he would have brought the QB in that year.”I wanted him,” Jackson said, via the News-Herald. “It just didn’t work out. Obviously, those things do have to work from a finance, draft, whatever all that is. And that wasn’t my decision.”MORE: Team considering Kap projected to lose ‘20% of season ticket holders’ (Getty Images) Former Browns coach Hue Jackson claims he wanted to sign Colin Kaepernick when the quarterback became a free agent in 2017.Speaking with Tony Rizzo and Aaron Goldhammer on “The Really Big Show” last week, Jackson said he wanted the Browns to sign Kaepernick, but claims the final decision was out of his hands. Kaepernick started his protest in 2016 and opted out of his contract ahead of the 2017 season after the 49ers informed him they planned to cut him. Hue Jackson https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/d3/c3/hue-jackson-123117-getty-ftrjpg_19s0k0vl7bxo613cf6357x7u4r.jpg?t=-1369031264&w=500&quality=80Jackson went on to say he also wanted Kaepernick back when he was a rookie, and the coach was on the Raiders.”I’ve known Colin. When I was with the Raiders, we were going to draft him when I was there,” Jackson said. “So, obviously he’d been a really good player in the league. He had tremendous success. He is a guy who has stood for something. I think everybody is seeing exactly where he was coming from. I always thought Colin deserved an opportunity in this league, but he has to want to play. If he really wanted to play, I think he would have a chance again.”Jackson’s comments are interesting when you consider what he said at the time. When asked about Kaepernick in March of 2017, Jackson said the Browns hadn’t discussed the quarterback despite his own recent claims that he wanted to sign him. “We haven’t really discussed Colin,” Jackson said in 2017. “There’s other players at this point that we’ve had a lot of conversations about to see if we can put them on our team. Not saying it won’t come up later on. You have to exhaust everything. But at this point he hasn’t come up.”He also said in August of 2017 he didn’t want to see any players on his team join the protests during the national anthem saying, “I would hope that we don’t have those issues.”As for the Browns, they obviously did not sign Kaepernick ahead of the 2017 season and famously went 0-16 that year. Cleveland played DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan and Cody Kessler in games throughout the season at quarterback instead.last_img read more

NASAs Orion Crew Capsule For Artemis 1 Moon Mission Now Complete

first_img AllVideo On Demand: Rent or BuyClothing & AccessoriesMajor AppliancesArts, Crafts & SewingAutomotiveBaby & NurseryBeauty & GroomingBooks & TextbooksCollectible CoinsCamera & PhotoCell Phones & AccessoriesClassical MusicComputers, Tablets & ComponentsBlu-Ray & DVDElectronic Components & Home AudioEntertainment CollectiblesVideo GamesOther Gift Card BrandsGrocery & Gourmet FoodPatio, Lawn & GardenHealth & HouseholdBusiness & Industrial SuppliesJewelryKindle StoreKitchen & DiningMagazinesMiscellaneousDigital MusicCDs & VinylMusical InstrumentsOffice & School SuppliesPet Food & SuppliesPatio, Lawn & GardenShoes, Handbags, Wallets, SunglassesSoftwareSports CollectiblesSports & FitnessHome ImprovementToys & GamesVHSVideo GamesWatches All ⓒ 2018 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission. Bestseller Ads by Amazon The Orion crew module that is built by contractor Lockheed Martin is integrated with the European-built service module. It can transport a crew of four astronauts to journey at or beyond the low Earth orbit.The integrated spacecraft will undergo testing at the KSC and then, it will be followed by thermal vacuum tests at NASA’s Plum Brook Facility in Ohio in September. It is scheduled to return to KSC by the end of the year to prepare for its launch in space.Artemis 1 Moon MissionOrion’s first Moon mission is named Artemis 1, and it will not be carrying anyone. The new Space Launch System will propel the uncrewed Orion to orbit the Moon in six days and then return to back to earth after a total of three weeks in space.Artemis 1 is set to test all the hardware and operations of Orion spacecraft. When it comes back to Earth from space, it will splash down off Baja, California.If the plan goes well, two astronauts will land on the Moon’s South Pole. They will be the first humans to touch down the Moon in the 21st century. This will also put the first woman on the moon. Both of them will make history once they set foot on this side of the Moon where no human has ever been before.NASA’s Orion crew capsule, which will bring astronauts back to the Moon since the culmination of the Apollo space program, is slated for its first trip to the lunar orbit sometime after June 2020. TAG NASA, Orion Crew Module, Mike Pence DEAL OF THE DAY Ads by Amazon ENDS IN Close U.S. Vice President Mike Pence confirmed that NASA’s Orion crew capsule for the Artemis Mission 1 is officially complete. He announced this big news during his speech at the commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon mission on Saturday, July 20.  ( NASA/JSC ) NASA’s Orion crew capsule is now complete and ready for the next stage of the project.U.S. Vice President Mike Pence confirmed the big news during his speech at the commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon mission held at Kennedy Space Center on Saturday, July 20.”Thanks to the hard work of the men and women of NASA, and of American industry, the Orion crew vehicle for the Artemis 1 mission is complete and ready to begin preparations for its historic first flight,” Pence said. Searchlast_img read more