– pillion rider in critical conditionAn East Coast Demerara resident who was wanted by the Customs Anti-Narcotics Unit (CANU) was on Friday afternoon killed after the motorcycle he was riding slammed into a minibus in the vicinity of the Botanical Gardens, Vlissengen Road, Georgetown.Dead: Mark Marcus SauersThe dead man has been identified as 26-year-old Mark Sauers formerly of Success, East Coast Demerara and of Paradise, ECD, while the pillion rider is 42-year-old Eon Howard. Howard is said to be in a serious condition at the Georgetown Public Hospital.Based on reports received, the route 40 minibus was turning onto Regent Street from Vlissengen Road when the dirt bike slammed into it.Upon collision, Sauers’ body was split in two and one of his arms was completely severed and left in the minibus.At the time of the collision, there were reportedly four passengers along with the driver and conductor in the minibus. From reports received, none of them sustained any injuries. Nevertheless, they were all left traumatised due to the gruesome images.The motorbike that Sauers was ridingHowever, the driver of the bus, at the scene, told media operatives that the motorcycle was probably going at 100 miles per hour. After he slammed into the side of the bus, he crashed through the window and came out of the back windscreen.The driver of the bus, Mark Pancham, explained that he will have to carry the image for the rest of his life. He noted that since driving, he has never been in an accident. He further said that this was the first time he witnessed such a gruesome accident.“It was a gruesome sight… imagine he went through the side window and come through the back windscreen… that tell you the speed he was travelling at”, an eyewitness told Guyana Times.Moments after the accident, friends of the dead man took to social media extending condolences to his family.The bus that Sauers crashed intoBased on information gathered, the now dead man only collected the new bike on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Sauers was no stranger to Police and drug enforcement bodies. In 2015, he was charged with the offence of conspiracy to traffic narcotics.It is alleged that Sauers, between January 1 and 17, 2014, at Beterverwagting, East Coast Demerara, conspired with Jermaine Lowe to traffic 15.308 kg cocaine. In 2018, he was listed as wanted by the Customs Anti-Narcotics Unit for allegedly recruiting 19-year-old Anisha Hardy as a cocaine mule.She was intercepted at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport with 119 cocaine pellets in her stomach. She was subsequently sentenced to three years’ imprisonment and a $1.4 million fine. Since then, CANU had issued wanted bulletins for Sauers and his cousin.
One role he will not be taking is with China’s national team, who have been without a coach since Marcello Lippi left at the end of January.Moving to quash any rumours, the Chinese Football Association (CFA) said on Weibo, China’s version of Twitter: “News that the CFA invited the famous coach Mourinho to serve as head coach of the national side is not true. For media and fans, please don’t believe this.”The CFA made no mention of the 45-year-old Cannavaro, who has been strongly linked in Chinese media with the post.The Italian, who captained his country to World Cup glory in 2006, will stay in charge of Chinese Super League (CSL) giants Guangzhou Evergrande and take charge of both teams at the same time, reports said.Chinese media said that Lippi, Cannavaro’s mentor and Italy’s coach when they lifted the World Cup, will have an advisory role in the new set-up.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Jose Mourinho has been out of work since being sacked by Manchester United in December and the Portuguese has been linked with a number of coaching jobs © GETTY IMAGES NORTH AMERICA/AFP/File / KEVORK DJANSEZIANSHANGHAI, China, Mar 8 – Jose Mourinho will not be China’s new coach, its football association said on Friday, amid widespread reports that Italian World Cup winner Fabio Cannavaro is instead poised to take the job.Mourinho has been out of work since being sacked by Manchester United in December and the 56-year-old has been linked with a number of coaching jobs, the latest being his former club Real Madrid.